You will need a 24cm loaf pan.
210g (approx. 5 slices) good quality fruit bread, chopped
80ml (1/3 cup) brandy or marsala, optional
150g frozen raspberries, crumbled
300ml thickened cream
3 eggs, separated
2/3 cup (150g) sugar
1. Place fruit bread into a food processor bowl and process until rough breadcrumbs.
2. Transfer to a bowl with brandy or marsala and raspberries and toss to combine.
3. Whisk cream and 1/3 cup (75g) of the sugar until soft peaks form. Fold through fruit bread mixture and set aside.
4. Using electric beaters, whisk egg yolks and remaining 1/3 cup (75g) of sugar for 8 minutes or until very thick and doubled in volume. Fold through cream and fruit bread mixture and set aside.
5. Whisk egg whites in a grease-free bowl until stiff peaks form then fold through raspberry mixture. Spoon into a greased and lined 24cm loaf pan, cover surface with plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
6. Cut into slices to serve and serve immediately. Keeps frozen for up to 2 months.
© Angela Nahas 2018, www.angelanahas.com.au. All rights reserved.