Creamy chicken, leek and cauliflower no-oven pot pies
Makes 4 individual pies
250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
250ml (1 cup) milk
1 onion, chopped
1 leek, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 large potato, chopped
2 small (approx. 450g) chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
1 tablespoon oil
1 sheet puff pastry, cut into quarters
1. Bring stock and milk to the boil in a saucepan. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, leek and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add potato and chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked. Add Dijon mustard and stir to combine.Add flour to pan and cook for 2 minutes or until starting to colour.
3. Gradually add heated chicken stock and milk, stirring to combine.
4. Bring to the boil, stirring, then season with salt and pepper. Divide between 4 ramekins.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add puff pastry squares and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Serve pastry on top of chicken pies.
© Angela Nahas 2018, www.angelanahas.com.au. All rights reserved