From Monday 11 October 2021, the NSW Government are easing restrictions to those who are fully vaccinated. We encourage you to visit the NSW Government website for full details.
For Casula Mall, this means:
- Masks are still required for staff and customers (except children under the age of 12 or those who are medically exempt)
- COVID Safe check-ins and proof of vaccination will be required for staff and customers of non-essential retail premises (unvaccinated people can still access essential retail stores)
- Capacity limits apply to retailers
What we are doing
In line with NSW Government advice you will notice the below measures in place when you visit our centre:
- QR codes at every entrance for customers and staff to sign in/out via the Service NSW app
- Health and hygiene reminders throughout the centre
- Hand sanitiser at every entrance and throughout the centre
- Additional cleaning of all customer touch points
- Signage to remind customers about wearing masks, physical distancing and capacity limitations where relevant
How you can help us
We all have a role to play in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19. When visiting Casula Mall, we ask that you follow advice from the NSW Government and be mindful of these few simple requests:
- Plan your journey to avoid peak times.
- Check in/out of the centre and individual retailers via the Service NSW app
- Wear your mask at all times
- Practise physical distancing by keeping a safe 1.5m distance between you and others
- Wash your hands frequently and use the available hand sanitizer within the centre
- Always sneeze or cough into your elbow
- Stay at home if you feel unwell
- Always treat others with courtesy and respect, it is tough time for everyone as we navigate through this next phase of recovery.
The Shopping Centre Council of Australia has also developed a COVID-Safe Reopening Protocol that we are following, you can read the Protocol here.
For the latest health information please visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/