As of Wednesday, 18 March, we will be changing all stores trading hours to 9:30am - 7pm, unless other state and local trading restrictions apply.
Our employees, Australian business partners and transport operators have been working incredibly hard to deliver more products than ever into stores each day. To allow them time to stock shelves and perform a thorough clean of the store for the next day, we have decided to temporarily change our trading hours. We want to let you know that there is more than enough food to go around; we just need your patience and support. We will continue to re-evaluate these hours on a weekly basis and communicate the decision to either uphold these hours or return to normal trading hours. We appreciate that these new times may be an inconvenience and we thank you in advance for your understanding.
As we face the changing circumstances related to COVID-19, we’d like to update you on the steps we are taking as a business to ensure that you have access to fresh food, hygiene products and essential items. We are working around the clock with our Australian partners to distribute products to our stores. Due to the extraordinary demand for groceries, we have introduced some new conditions.
To be able to provide Australians access to the essential products they need, we have decided to temporarily restrict purchases on the following products from 17 March, 2020:
- Toilet paper – 1 unit
- Dry pasta – 2 units
- Flour – 2 units
- Dry rice (excludes microwave rice) – 2 units
- Paper towels – 2 units
- Tissues – 2 units
- Hand sanitisers – 2 units
To discourage over-purchasing we will be temporarily suspending our change-of-mind refund policy. If you have already purchased additional items you no longer want, please look at donating them to community organisations or neighbours who have been struggling to purchase them during this time.
From the 17 March 2020, until further notice, we will not provide a refund where you have changed your mind about products purchased from ALDI in the following categories:
- Toilet paper
- Tissues and serviettes
- Paper towels
- Nappies and baby wipes
- Feminine hygiene and incontinence products
- Hand sanitisers
- Cleaning products (including antibacterial wipes)
- Canned food (including fish, fruit, vegetables and soup)
- Pasta and pasta sauces
- Rice and rice meals
- Cooking oils and vinegars
Together with our store employees we’ve agreed on new conditions of entry to our stores:
- Respect our employees and their physical space
- Respect each other and look out for those less able
- Practise good hygiene in our stores
- Do not attempt to ‘game’ our product restriction policies
- We remind you that we will not accept any violent behaviour (verbal or physical) in or around our stores and the police will be called immediately if required
- Be kind, be calm, be empathetic and most of all be courteous
- And please, do one nice thing for someone else when you leave our store today
In return, we are supporting our 13,000 employees across the country and implementing the necessary hygiene procedures to ensure you can shop with confidence.
We’re constantly monitoring the situation and will do our best to keep all products available to everyone. However, if we see new shortages, we may introduce other limits. We’ll only do this if we think it’s absolutely necessary and we’ll keep you updated in our stores and on our website as things change. This is unchartered territory for many of us, so please remember to be kind, be calm, be empathetic and most of all be courteous. We thank you for your continued patience as our teams around the country work hard to support you and our local communities.